Ok, so who has them? You know you are hiding them somewhere! Don’t know what I am talking about? Well, then you must be living under a rock. The latest toy craze to sweep the nation is sickeningly cute, only costs eight bucks, and harder to get than front row Coldplay tickets……ZHU ZHU PETS!
So Bridgette, myself, and my friend Kellee have all been on the Zhu Zhu hunt as all the girls want them for Christmas. Our stores have been hoarding them (store managers hold the golden tickets like they have some secret nuclear code inscribed on them), only getting in a few at a time, and selling out the minute they hit the shelf. FINALLY this week we all had some success as my friend and I waited in line at Wal Mart at MIDNIGHT (for two hours) to get one, and Bridgette was able to score one at Toys R Us by waiting in line early Sunday morning. All this time waiting in line got Bridgette and I thinking of other ways you can get your hands on one of these little critters. Try some of these and let us know how they work out for you?
TOP TEN WAYS TO GET A ZHU ZHU PET:
10. Roll into your local Wal Mart or Target inside of a big inner tube, much like a hamster on a wheel. See if that impresses the manager enough for him/her to show you the secret stash.
9. Stuff your mouth with as many acorns as you can hold. Go straight to the toy deparment and demand a Zhu Zhu or you will swallow the acorns right then and there.
8. Show up in a hamster costume and tell the manager you have been sent by the people at Zhu Zhu to be the mascot for the day. You need to be paid in hamsters. Cold, hard hamsters. No, not dead hamsters. That’s another post entirely.
7. Run to the pet store and buy at least a dozen real hamsters. Bring them on over to the toy store and threaten to let them loose unless your demands are met.
6. Declare that by the toy store holding the hamsters hostage, they are committing a very serious crime against nature. Threaten to call PETA. Convince fellow line members to chant “Free the Zhu Zhu!” repeatedly for maximum effect.
5. According to @ToysRUs on Twitter, if you scream, “I LOVE GEOFFERY!” three times, the manager *may* move you to the front of the line. Or you *may* be escorted off the premises by security.
4. Wear a Geoffery costume and claim to be a store employee hired for the day to manage the crowd. After all, you ARE there to “turn their frown upside down!”
3. Formally change your name to “Num Nums” or “Mr. Squiggles.” Claim the Zhu Zhu pets are blood relatives and you have been awarded full custody.
2. Find the Santa at your local Mall. Tell kids in line that instead of cookies and milk, Santa has requested Pipsqueak. Be an elf for the day and collect “payment.”
1. Blackmail. Tell the store manager that unless he awards you with NumNums, you WILL scream out that he “keeps hamsters in his pants!” That oughta do it.
Does your child want a Zhu Zhu pet for the Holidays? Have another idea on how to find one? Leave your tips in the comments!
Still can’t find a Zhu Zhu? The Not-So-Bog is giving away one brand new 2010 Zhu Zhu Pet! The winner can choose either Jilly (the pink one) or Winkie (the black and white one)!!
This article has been mentioned at the LA Times’ Brand X website. We have written a response to one of the comments that appears in the Brand X article. Check it out and join the discussion!