As a Mom who works full time outside the home, I have GOT to be organized. I cherish the quality time I have with my two children and try my best to make the most it. Making plans with family and friends is essential but can prove to be difficult for a family on the go. Enter RedRover! I think I have found my new best friend.
What is RedRover? It’s a FREE app for iPhone and Droid that will make your life 10X easier. Check out the video below for a full tour!
After watching the video, I couldn’t have been more excited to try it out! I started by downloading the free app to my iPhone and inviting my contacts. You can easily add friends from your phone or email address books and even create groups of friends for more organization. For example, I will be attending the blog conference, BlogHer, next month in San Diego so I created a group on friends I want to make sure I connect with while I am there.
Time to play! Want to meet up with some friends at a local pizza place? RedRover allows you to tell your friends you are there and invite them to join you for a fun playdate. Or you can make plans for a future date, instead. Invite one friend or your entire playgroup in a few easy steps! While I love the social aspect of RedRover (you can even Tweet and Facebook directly from the app), I see myself using this app for different reasons.
- Finding Clean Bathrooms: As a Mom of two daughters, I cannot tell you the countless times that we have been out and about and had to find a potty quickly. With a simple request to RedRover, a list of the closest and cleanest potties are quickly available. Great for road trips, too!
- Finding Medical Care: Unfortunately, on our last few vacations, we have made at least one trip to a local ER or Urgent Care. Finding medical care when you are out of town can be stressful! RedRover quickly finds the closest hospital and even has the phone number and map to help you get there.
- Emergency Contacts: You can set up five emergency contacts that you can contact all at once in case of an emergency. I hope I never need this feature, but it is nice to have this safety net.
- Quick Conversations with your Friends: The ability to quickly send a message to my friend without having to create an email or text message is a pretty neat feature. Similar to instant messaging.
- Have I mentioned that it’s FREE?!?
I have found many uses for RedRover in my busy life after using it for only a short time. I can’t wait to introduce more of friends to the free app. And the best part? If you download the app before July 28th, RedRover will donate $1 for every app downloaded to Christy Turlington’s charity, Every Mother Counts (up to $20,000)!
Get Ready, Get Set….PLAY!