In late August of 2005, my life changed forever. Hurricane Katrina took my home, my husband’s job, my security and mercilessly destroyed my City. In the midst of the tragedy, I was comforted by many friends, family and even strangers. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be on the receiving end of such generosity and compassion. Since that day, I have done my best to give back to those in need and I couldn’t be happier to call my readers to action this time!
I have been fortunate enough to be involved with a great charity here in the New Orleans area, Rebuilding Together. This leading national non-profit works to revitalize neighborhoods by providing free home repairs for those in need. Volunteers do everything from yard work to painting and kitchen repairs to flooring! It has been amazing to see what people can accomplish in such a short amount of time!
In honor of all the hard work done by Rebuilding Together, the great people of Pfister would like to make their job a little easier. For every new “like” on Pfister’s Facebook page, $1 worth of brand new Pfister faucets will be donated to the organization up to $20,000 worth of product for homes in need. During the month of April, which happens to be National Rebuilding Month, you can help, too!
Here’s how you can help Pfister and Rebuilding Together reach their goal:
- “Like” Pfister’s Facebook Page and $1 worth of product will be donated
- Already a fan of Pfister? Make a monetary donation to Rebuilding Together through the Friends of Pfister campaign on Causes.com! Pfister will even match your donation up to a total of $5,000.
- Join my Blog Hop!
Want to do more to help? Join my Friends of Pfister Blog Hop!
- Simply publish a post on your blog sharing how you get involved in your own community and encourage your readers to like Pfister’s Facebook page and join the effort for Rebuilding Together.
- Amplify your post on Twitter using hashtag #PfisterHop
- Link up your post on the linky below so readers can “hop” the posts and read your experiences.
- Encourage your readers to join the Blog Hop, too! The more posts the merrier! Host the linky code in your post so your readers can join in the fun!
- Posts must be included in the linky by 11:59pm EST on April 30, 2012. Only one blog post per domain name, please.
Grab the code:
OK, you joined the Blog Hop…so now what?
- Pfister will donate $1 in product to Rebuilding Together for every post on the Blog Hop linky (up to $500 in product donation).
- Twenty (yes, TWENTY) posts included in the Blog Hop linky will receive your choice of one Pfister faucet from among several kitchen and bath options! Have you seen the selection?!? Winning posts will be randomly selected.
Ready, Set, Go! Pfister and I thank you for helping spread the word during National Rebuilding Month. With your help, many homes in need will receive a much needed facelift. To learn more, attend our Twitter Party…details coming soon!