With the school year picking up, we are becoming overwhelmed with tests, homework and projects not to mention the many after-school activities! In order to have a successful dinner, we need something quick, easy and fun. After stumbling upon this recipe from A Spicy Perspective, I decided to give it a whirl.
What You Need:
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Tony Chachere Seasoning (we like our chicken spicy!)
- 1 cup crushed Goldfish cheese crackers
- 1 cup crushed pretzel sticks
- 8 bamboo/wooden skewers
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and soak 8 skewers in water while waiting.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and cover with cooking spray.
- Mix 1/3 cup yogurt with garlic powder and Tony Chachere’s Seasoning in a small bowl.
- Crush the Goldfish and pretzel sticks and combine in a shallow dish.
- Insert the skewer through the center of each chicken tender, leaving enough stick at the end to use as a handle.
- Brush a thin layer of the yogurt mixture on both sides of the chicken and then roll into the cracker/pretzel mixture making sure all parts of the chicken are covered.
- Serve with honey mustard dipping sauce (we like French’s).
The recipe was a huge hit and we plan on making it part of our regular routine. Let me know how yours turns out!