It’s hard to believe that the days of summer are already coming to an end. My girls will be back in school in just three short weeks. But, if you are determined to squeak out every last bit of family fun, I highly suggest heading to Beaches Negril Jamaica! My family was fortunate enough to spend 6 days at this all inclusive beach resort as part of a family wedding and we managed to experience just about everything the resort has to offer. After polling my family (consisting of a husband, a 13 year old daughter and a 10 year old daughter), here are our Top 10 Reasons to Vacation at Beaches Negril Jamaica.
- The Pool (or should I say pools? And water park. And lazy river.). Once you check-in and walk through the lobby, you will immediately see the gigantic main pool. To say that this pool is inviting would be an understatement! My daughters couldn’t wait to change into swimsuits and jump in. The pool is so spacious that we always had at least an entire section all to ourselves. Bonus: rafts and towels are provided.
- The Swim Up Bar. In both resort pools, you will find large swim up bars with many seats for enjoying a cool beverage. And since Beaches Negril is a family friendly resort, the bar serves up quite an extensive list of creative fruity drinks for all ages.
- The Beach. Beaches Negril is located on the widest stretch of Negril’s famous 7-mile beach and it is very easy to see why it’s earned this title. Powdery soft sand and pristine water literally beckons you. Many lounge chairs are sprinkled across the beach and cabanas are available for an additional charge.
- The Activities. When you’ve had your fill of sunbathing, enjoy the many free activities such as paddle-boarding, kayaking, snorkeling, beach bicycling, and mini golf. Or take a ride on the glass bottom boat and see many of the species native to Jamaica and even a shipwreck!
- The Yogurt. After a long day in the sun, cool off at Yo-Yo’s! This yogurt shop features roughly 6 different yogurt flavors, a whole buffet of toppings as well as delicious sauces to satisfy your sweet tooth. The best part? Included.
- The Food. You will not go hungry at Beaches Negril Jamaica! While there are many restaurants to choose from, our favorite was “Kimonos.” A hibachi style restaurant serving up exotic cuisines of the Far East is not only delicious but entertaining as well. Our hibachi chef was incredible and got the whole table involved in the meal making for some great family memories. And you guessed it….included.
- The Wedding. As I mentioned, we vacationed at Beaches Negril for a family wedding. The setting, bride, food and music were perfect. If you are looking to get married or even renew your vows, this is the place!
- The Pictures. With such beautiful scenery, how can you NOT take family photos? Fortunately, Beaches Negril offers complimentary portrait sessions on the beach at sunset. Of course, you will have to purchase any prints or digital copies you want to take home, but this is the best risk-free opportunity to capture these family memories. Also, photographers walk the resort at capture candid memories of you and your family enjoying your vacation which are also available for purchase.
- The Fun. After dinner (and a visit to Yo-Yo’s), head over to one of several live entertainment shows! We participated in Family Game Nights, danced at the beach party and enjoyed an incredible steel drum band. If you have little ones, there are also several opportunities to meet the Sesame Street characters and participate in live shows!
- The Quality Time with Family. With a teen and a tween, sometimes it can be hard to get them to look away from their electronic devices, but Beaches Negril provided so many opportunities for us to disconnect and just…..be. We had great conversations with our kids and experienced once in a lifetime activities TOGETHER.
Have you visited Beaches Negril Jamaica? What is your favorite this about an all inclusive resort?