This post was written by the Experimental Mommy. The games featured below were given in kind for review. All opinions are 100% honest. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
When you ask my kids what they want in the perfect game, they will tell you that they want it to be fun! Of course, I want that too but I am tickled pink when a game is also educational. You will get both in the STEM based games for kids listed below. My daughters and I had a great time playing together (but don’t tell them they were learning, too)!
- Griddly Games: Wise Alec
- Ages 8+; $20.99
- Play the award-winning family trivia game with a hilariously witty twist and find out how much you remember from school. Wise Alec cards get everyone going with tongue twisters, brain teasers, activities that promote good manners and get your heart going.
- Tactic Games: We Detectives
- Ages 7+; $14.99
- Play as detectives and walk around the city hunting for clues and completing tasks. The chief detective has given you a 24 hour deadline to solve the crime, make sure you complete your investigation by then or the robbers go free!
- E-Blox: Power Blox Plus Starter Kit
- Ages 8+; $43.99
- Use code Notsoblog10off to get 10% off your entire order and free shipping!
- E-Blox is a small kit of Lego-compatible building blocks that offers the innovation of providing lights and electric current for projects. Kids learn STEAM skills through building, planning circuits, and playing with their creations
- Talicor: 5th Gear
- Ages 8+; 2-4 players; $29.99
- Roll the dice and place your gears! The rules are simple: interlock five of your color gears with the white gear while keeping others from doing the same.
- Set Games: Quiddler
- Ages 8+; 2+ players; $11.99
- The goal is to arrange all the cards in your hand into one or more words. The number of cards dealt increases each round – starting with three cards and ending with 10 cards. High score wins, so use your high point letters and Quiddler’s unique double letter cards—but don’t get caught with them in your hand!