This post is the opinion of the Experimental Mommy. Our cabin rental was provided to facilitate this review. All opinions remain 100% mine.
Like any family, the end of the school year has been incredibly busy. From tests to projects and parties to graduations, we have been non-stop all month long. Fortunately, we were able to escape to Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park in Robert, Louisiana for a two night stay in order to take a deep breath and have some fun.
Here are the Top Ten Things to Know Before Camping at Yogi Bear’s Jellytsone Park:
10. It’s only about an hour from New Orleans. The kids barely had enough time to say, “Are we there yet, Mom?” I had no idea this fun escape was so close to home.
9. Cabins are available at Jellystone Park with two separate bedrooms. Moms and Dads need their quiet time, too!
7. Cabins are available with both air conditioning and heating. During a hot Louisiana summer at Jellystone Park, this is pure heaven.
6. The kitchen in the Louisiana Lodges include a stove, microwave and refrigerator/freezer. Cooking meals is a snap! Plus, if you bring your own ice trays, you can have a constant supply of ice for your drinks! Outside of the cabin is a grilling area, which smells amazing at dinner time.
5. There are two different “Hey Rides.” The morning ride is a fun sing-a-long lasting about 15 minutes. In the afternoon, the “Hey Ride” becomes a rolling super soaker adventure…bring your water guns!
4. Take advantage of the Rec Center! The campground has done a wonderful job of lining up constant activities for the kids. We painted ceramics and colored pillowcases but you could also tie dye T-Shirts, play bingo or participate in the Watermelon eating contest. While most activities are free, some require a cash fee.
3. Some cabins, like the Louisiana Lodges, surround their own private pool. I highly recommend taking advantage of this zero entry pool as it was much less crowded than the main pool. We always had a lounge chair to sit in and relax as long as we liked.
2. Concessions are available on the grounds. Until about 6pm, you can purchase snacks such as nachos, chicken fingers, ice cream, snoballs, and more! Plus, a convenience store stocks things you may have forgotten to bring.
1. You will have fun! In just two days, we swam, played at the splash park, mini-golfed, colored pillowcases, took a Hey Ride, spent time on the playground, took a ride on the paddleboats, made a campfire, played Bingo, met new friends and the infamous Yogi the Bear.
But the best part is that we spent quality time together as a family away from the hectic pace of everyday life. To find out more about Yogi Bear Jellystone Park in Robert, Louisiana, follow them on Twitter and Facebook!