This post was written by the Experimental Mommy. Some samples were received at ASTRA and this post contains affiliate links. All opinions remain 100% honest.
With our busy schedule, it is important to take some time to slow down and reconnect as a family completely unplugged. Family game night is the best way I have found to get everyone together in the same room talking, laughing and sharing without doing so through electronics. Recently, I attended the ASTRA Marketplace and Academy in New Orleans where I got to preview new toys and games before some even hit the shelf! Below, I am sharing with you our board games list (some new and some old) for a guaranteed to please even the most phone-attached teen.
- 1,2,3: For ages 6 and up, this is a fun farm-inspired memory game.
- Spot It: Spot the matching symbols but do it first to win the round!
- Build Up: A tactical block stacking game which takes nerves of steel but is super fun for all ages.
- Dr. Eureka: Solve the patterns in test tubes fastest to win. And don’t drop the molecules!
- Body Shakin’ Bob: Like an updated version of Operation, this is a game of skill and nerves. Plus, you may learn a thing to two (but don’t tell the kids).
- Lil’ Lemonade Stand Off: Cute game that appeals to my 10 year old daughter and builds memory skills for two to four players.
- Pencil Nose: Perfect for artsy or not-s0-artsy people. Draw the clues with your nose!
- The Cat Game: Got teens? This game is perfect to get the drawing and laughing…with cats.
- Makin’ Bacon Dice Game: Because everything’s better with bacon. Even game night.
- Game of Life: An oldie but a goodie.
What are some of your favorite games to play with your family?