It may not be officially summer, but there is no holding back the heat in New Orleans! Any frozen treat is a welcome addition to a Southern Summer party but these Neapolitan Frozen Dessert Cups will delight guests of all ages. And best of all? You don’t have to turn on the oven!
- 24 Vanilla Sandwich Cookies
- ¼ cup Butter, melted
- 4-6 oz. Whipped Topping
- 9 oz. pkg. Chocolate Pudding
- 12 Cupcake Liners
- Rainbow Jimmies
- Pink Gel Food Coloring
- Prepare pudding according to package directions and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Crush the cookies in a food processor. Combine them with the melted butter until well combined.
- Put the cupcake liners into a cupcake pan and divide the crushed cookie mixture between the 12 liners. They should be about a third filled. Press the cookie mixture down tightly with the back of a spoon.
- For the next layer, spoon pudding into each cup filling them up about another third. Make sure to smooth the pudding out.
- Add a few drops of food color to the whipped topping and gently stir until its combined. Add a layer of the pink whipped topping over the layer of chocolate pudding. Make sure this last layer comes to the top of the cupcake liners and smooth it out.
- Sprinkle some rainbow jimmies over each dessert cup.
- Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- These are a great sweet treat on a hot summer day!
12 thoughts on “Easy Neapolitan Frozen Dessert Cups Recipe”
These look incredible! They look so easy to make. A great dessert treat for the 4th of July.
That is a perfect summer dessert. I think these will be a huge hit with my kids!
It is so nice you make these great cool treats for the kids. I will try and make this for warm summer evenings when we long for something cold and sweet.
Now, this is something I have not seen. What a grand idea. My kids would love that and my son would love to help me make them. WINNER!
I love these! They sound tasty, and they look super cute. I have to make these for the kiddos. And for me…. LOL
I would probably eat more of the ingredients as I go along so there would be little left for the dessert cups! LOL
NOM NOM NOM to this! 🙂
My grandchildren will be staying over this weekend. I will make these for them. Oh I am looking forward to the fun we’ll have! Thanks for the recipe idea!
We always have this 2-week period of cloudy days in June. We call it the June Gloom. As soon as it burns off, it’ll be hot through October. We are going to be eating a lot of these all summer long!
Now this is a new way to have neapolitan ice cream. So innovative and perfect treats for the summer!
I can’t wait to give these a try when we get back stateside. Neapolitan ice cream has been my favorite since childhood. Something about mixing those 3 awesome flavors together just makes me happy.
Such a pretty looking dessert! I am sure I would be getting praises when I serve this dessert cups to my guests. Of course, I will tell them I got the recipe from you. Thanks for sharing!